Still Waters Farm is a 48-acre tree farm certified sustainable by the American Tree Farm System (ATFS) and the Forest Stewardship Council( FSC). The farm has a 20-acre peat wetland system that has been disturbed at least twice in its history; much work has been done to restore this wetland and to enhance the wetland habitat. Projects have been completed with USFWS, WDFW, NRCS, WA DNR, and Mason Conservation District. We have a very successful nest box program and host large numbers of Wood Ducks, Hooded Mergansers, swallows, and others.
As always, dress for the weather. Contact Mark Biser at 360-427-8603 if you need more information. To reach Still Waters Farm from Olympia or Highway 101 Northbound ( GPS address = Webb Hill Rd, Shelton , WA):
1. Go past all three Shelton exits. Go past Sanderson Airport about 3 miles.
2. Turn right onto Brockdale Road. Go one mile to stop sign.
3. Turn left onto McReavy Road and follow McReavy north for 1 mile.
4. Turn left onto Webb Hill Road; go approximately 1/3 mile.
5. Turn left into driveway at 311 Webb Hill Road (Green gate / Tree Farm sign); continue down gravel driveway to parking.