Board Meeting Summary 3/7/2019
- The Board discussed the success of the Annual Dinner held March 2 with Sally Nole, committee chair, and gave her their heartfelt thanks.
- The Board approved the final draft of the Strategic Plan for BHAS which began with the August 2018 Board retreat. The goals and strategies laid out will be our guide for the next five years. Members will be able to view this on the BHAS website under “Operating Documents”.
- The Nominating Committee will be approaching members before our annual meeting in May to run for Board vacancies.
- Doing some native plant installation to better shield the LOTT Hawks Prairie Satellite from the huge, new warehouse will be investigated.
- There was discussion on the implementation of our monthly digital Echo. This will start in July and absorb the current monthly Chirps publication.
- The Adopt-A-School program is up and running with all needed volunteers at an elementary school in Shelton. Next on the agenda are Chambers Prairie and Mt View Elementary Schools in North Thurston School District.
- The Program Committee is working on hosting programs this spring and fall in Lewis County.