Board Meeting Review (6/6/2019)
1) the Dennis Plank searchable bird photo gallery will be going live soon
2) the Speak Out function has been used successfully and can be fine-tuned for future efforts
3) the eEcho has been implemented and the Committee is continuing to improve it
4) the data received from eEcho shows BHAS has a responsive readership (778 Echoes went out with 45% of them opened)
5) our Facebook page has 389 followers; our Meetup has 372 followers.
6) Mark DeLaurier has volunteered to be our new Facebook administrator; he has a PhD in Environmental Communications
Details of the June annual picnic and the August Board retreat were discussed. The Board will need to find a new meeting place starting in September.
The Industrial Arts classes at Adna High School have completed the construction of 20 bird boxes for us which will be installed on the perimeter of a tree farm owned by the City of Centralia. Installation will be this summer.
The Conservation Committee continues to oppose on the zoning change needed for the construction of a warehouse on Maytown property owned by the Port of Tacoma.
The Education Committee is expanding their Adopt-A-School program in the Shelton and North Thurston School Districts. The backpack program for Timberline Libraries is on-going but needs an infusion of funds from grants and donations.